Flood damage cleaners in GeelongNovember 30, 2015
When you have been through an experience as traumatic as a flood, you want to get things back to normal as quickly and easily as possible. If it is your home which has been damaged by flood waters, that need can be even greater – getting children back into the safety and security of their own rooms and their own home is hugely important for their well-being and state-of-mind.
At Barwon Restoration Services, our professional and experienced flood damage cleaners in Geelong recommend that you only move back in to your home once a comprehensive cleaning process has been completed.
Our Geelong flood damage cleaners ensure the following precautions when cleaning up a home after there has been water and flood damage.
- If you have a camera or phone, we recommend you record pictures and video to capture as much as possible of the damage, including specific possessions and goods that have been damaged.
- We remove as much of the dirty water as possible, including all areas such as cupboards and under floorboards where some pumping out may be needed.
- Anything that has been damaged beyond repair is removed from the property.
- All walls, floors and other hard surfaces are thoroughly washed a number of times to ensure they are completely clean.
- A strong disinfectant and anti-bacterial agent is used on all hard surfaces.
- Special heaters and fans are placed around the home to facilitate a faster and more thorough drying process.
We are strongly recommend that you get in touch with your insurance company and forward to them any documentation you have (including the pictures you may have been able to take) of the damage that has occurred. Barwon Restoration Services can then liase directly with your insurance company regarding the damage that has occurred and the claim process for cleaning your property.